How to sell your boat
You may have considered trying to sell your own boat placing adverts, dealing with the enquiries and negotiating and administering the sale yourself.
Initially this may seem like the cheaper option rather than using a broker, because the broker will charge a commission. However, you will still have to pay for some sort of advertising and are unlikely to get the passing trade or interest a broker will so the sale may well drag on.
Most sellers choose to use a broker for both their expertise and additional services they can offer potential purchasers, and of course to remove the day to day responsibility for answering enquiries and administering the sale.
If you are looking for someone to sell a boat for you click here for details of our marinas that offer a brokerage service.
If you are looking to sell a boat through ABC Boat Sales, using our brokerage service you will be asked to complete a Brokerage Information Form and Brokerage Listing Agreement, both available from our downloads page.
We now offer to purchase your boat outright or to part exchange it against another boat we are brokering. Please contact us for details.
We are also able to offer a boat collection service if you are unable to move your boat to one of our marinas yourself. We may also be able to offer a temporary license and/or insurance to do this.
Here are some of the reasons to choose ABC Leisure Group to sell your boat for you:
- 4 months free mooring while on our brokerage.
- Your boat promoted in our large display adverts in the Waterways Press (Canal Boat, Waterways World and Towpath Talk).
- Your boat promoted as part of our weekly email campaigns to several thousand registered purchasers.
- Your boat promoted on our own website and others including Apollo Duck.
- Your boat's own virtual tour created.
- Your boat promoted on social media.
- Your boat promoted at all of our marinas around the country.
- Your boat's own colour literature produced with boat layout.
- Your boat promoted at trade exhibitions and festivals.
- We operate a banking client account for your peace of mind.
- Dry docking facilities for ease of survey when required.
- Full engineering facilities for any work that may be required.
- Friendly expert advice.